miércoles, 28 de diciembre de 2022

New experience (not new): the Journey to VCDX NV

Heya, 


I'm not trending to do a blog about my life even don't have Facebook at all since I don't share the idea of exposing empty things to the world, but in this case, after a month of draining this from my mind, I decided to put some words that some folks could find helpful on their own try on VCDX.

First, I have worked in this Design /Certification for almost 4 years, and yes, most probably, other folks are smart. They just do whatever in less time but in the end is not a matter of time is a meter of motivation; yes, I feel intimidated. Yes, I have the monkey on my back of imposter syndrome, so find the way; simple ah?, for me was that my last year was full of shitty things personal things and the shift I made, so in my specific case, I find motivation on getting this done for my self, and by myself, I also have to thank a bunch of folks that put me on the track since in some point after having completed 90% of the design document I felt that I have enough of this. It is easy to do nothing, so I decided not to drop this 4 years effort and complete it.

So as a hobby, I'm so lucky to work with technologies that are still relevant, and that is so exciting, meaning that I did not invent myself after doing a couple of exam dumps or something like that; I walk the line and work in many complex design and engagements that help me to shape my mind as an architect, which is not, by the way, doing excellent figures, but guess what? It helps you a lot to shine your explanations :) in addition, this helps me how to control the thoughts and reactions in front of customers that the only goal in life is to share with you all their love, you know what I mean, right? so for that, I use the book from Emotional intelligence here is the link :


Then the mysterious way of VCDX is more challenging, at least for me, as many blog posts declare. I read lots of blog posts, checked thousands of videos, and read this list of books:

vcdx bootcamp

IT architect series: Foundation in the art of infrastructure design

vmware vsphere design

designing risk in it infrastructure

VCDX series from itq is a jewell

Remember to try to make the concepts for your own, and if you don´t understand, reread it, and again ADHD does not help me , but if you are not broken on your head, you will be fine.

After reading those books, I still have some questions about what I just did as VCIX aka VCAP exams in terms of design, this is very crucial, but you need to go deeper and master the concepts; otherwise, some intelligent guy will make you suffer, or it happens to me during a mock he laughs on my face, very nice ah? Nope, it is not.

Think about the design in terms of something that is evolving, think like if this is NOT perfect but try to scratch the sky even this will be not enough at least in my case, but just work it in the books I mention you will fin many many answers to many options on how to tackle the things to cover in the Blue Print in my case was the NV track so this applies to all tracks just check the specifications on that, also I started from nowhere, I start with a template from VMware from PSO but this is not like proper and won't be enough to over it, again I'm not saying that you can not take a frame and also if you where in a situation like me in which you deliver services on it or design thins as solutions with a based line on this specific product you can leverage on that experience of, so just pay attention on your pieces on the chess board so sometimes I lost my mind trying to figure out how to create the document from scratch, and eventually I could and if I could you can, so coming from having like nothing to have a pass on my design to be invite to defend.




Update from original post on 2020 on DEC 2022: 

Trust yourself and look at the field; many folks are scary triple or double VCDX, but they are humans (well, some of them are like humans, lol), so VCDX is just a cert; even if you don´t pass, you become better at your thing doing it, it serves me a lot on my design things at MLOPS at google, what can I said I just was unable to defend my design as they subjective score it. Still, I look like this; even a kick in the ass helps you to move forward, so keep it trying. If you are on that enterprise or get the cert!!!

It is hard to find help, so I can give you my two cents on a mock practice with the google value across it, and that means that I learn how to make it so that you can still work on your defense or even create your docs, mine work to pass the revision. Hence, ping me. I will be happy to help you and give back to the community.

Who knows? I'll try someday, but my beloved AI is making it complicated...






No hay comentarios: